Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Starting to fall into place


Dennis and I set the date a week or so ago, then came all the questions...where, when how and what kind. I was floundering, but my mom kept me on pace to figure it out. So this is what we decided on.
May 31st....I marry the man I plan to spend the rest of my life with


Where? The Grand Canyon :) How cool is that!

My girlfriends think I need a shower...no I guess I am having two showers to get everyone there possible....silly...I'm almost 40 ( as my 3rd born reminded me of this fact this evening!)


My family has already book the hotel reservations, we found a pastor up there who can marry us.....you can even mail in for a marriage license of all things. This wont' be cheap, but then I have been fortunate to have a job who offers a lot of extra ways to earn money. I don't like standing on my feet bundling video game systems....but it pays extremely well!

Then came time to talk to the owner about maybe staying on board and working remotely....he seems to be agreeable to the idea....wow.......I wonder why we allow ourselves to doubt God's desires and plans for our lives? We spend so much energy worrying over details that He is in control of and are out of our hands.....its rather amazing to stand back and allow Him to work it all out for us.

My dearest friend wants to drive out and bring her girls to see us get married.....I couldn't ask for more then that! I've allowed fears to enter my heart working out some of the details of what it takes to bring to people with children from previous marriages together....but I can say with confidence....God is blessing our soon to be marriage. I can't wait! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home