Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I squeezed the life out of it!--Relax the Im talking about the steering wheel

Seriously I did! My hands squeezed the life out of my steering wheel today.....I have at present count 20+ blisters on my hands to show for it. While that may make some people quite proud to show....for me I can't say enough about how happy I am to be home. But my hands! my hands!

I left Boise this morning at 5:30 am (4:30 pacific time) and drove up to my driveway at 11:15 this evening...was it me who said 14 hours? I can honestly say that this was the most difficult thing I have ever done. I am presently wired....hmm no that honestly doesn't sum up how I am feeling, but with as much caffene that is in my system.....its a start. See last night I was able to get a whole 3 hours of sleep. The days events had my head spinning so I didn't and couldn't sleep very well. What I wanted most was security and the only way to get it was to get home. I have consumed today exactly 4 diet pepsi/cokes, 2 venti coffee's, a bag of chocolate covered expresso beans and with Neeks prompting 1 of those Starbuck frappachino deals. I felt like giving up about an hour ago. I had nothing left in me.....so I went for one more round of sugar and cafffeine, and hoped for the best. Driving in the dark stinks, and while this morning it was difficult this evening was even more so. I had never drove the passage from Vegas to here in the dark before, nor the Cahon pass. Both scared the pants off of me! What is it with semi trucks thinking they own the road! I was talking to a friend about this eariler. I sware they wait for you to crawl up behind them to decide to pass the other one in front of them.....seriously I watched this happen time and time again. I mean in this day and age, do we really need to send stuff via a semi truck, can't we just ship it some other way?????
So with this quest a success I leave you with some thoughts about the states I visited.

Idaho....Seriously...FIX YOUR FREEWAYS! I mean three are grooves that make you swerve all over the place.....why not hike the 5% sales tax up a notch and fix em?

Washington... Of all the states in the US besides California I could have seen myself living here. Then with yesterdays event in Spokane, I think the state is telling me to stay away. I will add this...Washington was pretty smart in posting up signs telling motorists to stay in the right lane and only use the other lane to pass with. Add the word legal or lawful and for some reason motorist listen. Actually I thought that was standard in all states, just ignored. So bravo to the state for actually posting a sign...it works. "However...one small flaw. When it rains. See it doesn't rain in Washinton all of the time like some may think......so in nice weather you have all of these motorists traveling in the one lane. Then it rains...what happens? You have a super slippery lane and well.....Id advice...add this line to the sign....'except in bad weather, use the opposite lane to stay on the highway'............peach wisdom
Oh Oh oh and one more thing........I seriously believe that Washington goes out of its way not to label the freeways better so that you have to get lost in this state!

Oregon...Hmm what can I say about this state? Well I did avoid getting a ticket this year....by the use of my wonderful cruise control, I was NOT going to get another speeding ticket. But seriously....all the states around it have a 70+ speed limit...whats the deal?

Utah....Wheres the Starbucks?? Ok Seriously there are almost no Starbucks in all of Idaho and Utah....we can thank the Mormons for that one! (I mean seriously how bad could a cup of coffee really be for you!) I was desperate for coffee today and had to wait hours to find a decent cup.......Kudos for Arizona for having a billboard for Starbucks posted before entering the state!~
Additionally, Women drivers in this state are clueless. See where Washington has it down...with regards to passing lanes and all...Utah, well the women drivers in Utah that is (at least from what I saw) dont have a clue what passing is all about in this state.....maybe thats why the men had to take on more wives for so long!


Arizona...well for the whole 30 minutes I travelled through this state, outside of the fact they DO have Starbucks, I fell in love with the canyons. Im seriuosly thinking of going back (without the kids) to a spa and spend some time photographing them.


Nevada....hmm flat, dessert and well VEGAS but other then that nothing else to add. I did manage to hit rush hour both times, good timing on my part I suppose.
Note: The kids did make this comment while I was getting Starbucks and dinner....how come the people here are so scary looking in Nevada? (of course we were in the Vegas vicinity at the time mind you)

Montana....well ok really only for seconds, the skiing resort happens to sit right on the border, but since I had an incredibly great time skiing....I love this state!

Final comments ( at least for tonight)

Kudos to Verizon for the phones abiilty to set its time all by itself. Since I hopped time zones back and for a lot this past week it was nice to always know what time zone I was in.

Whats with all the road kill left all over the road? Whos suppose to clean it up.........my gosh its everywhere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home