Thursday, February 23, 2006

Kudos to S.D.

I dont get on the political band wagon much but today Im a little loaded with thought.....so bare with me:

At the gym this morning (which is my time to catch up on the news) I notice the bi lines about whats taking place in S. D. : "S.D. Closer to Strict Abortion Limits" so when I got back to my computer I did some looking, and I had to hunt for it. It amazes me that this topic can get burried under all the other news, when it is such an IMPORANT issue when you think about all the lives each day that are killed through abortion. No, Im not a Activist, but I do have strong beliefs and taking the life of an unborn child is just WRONG. Im not just saying this with a one sided view. I come to this belief looking at it from different viewpoints. I wouldn't be here today typing this, had my parents decided that since I was conceived before they were married to go to a nearby abortion clinic and rid the problem. I am here because my parents had strong beliefs...Abortion is wrong. I also had to think about this for myself. When I was younger I was put into a position, no one should have happen, after this it was a fear I faced, what if I was pregnant? What would I do if I was? Abortion wasn't a choice. I dont think they should completely ban Abortion....we know what happened to too many women in the past when it was outlawed, but at the same time, laws should be in place to really make someone think about it.....and an abortion at 7 months into your pregnancy just should NOT be acceptable.

"The Bible clearly affirms that human life is not the product of impersonal chance plus time. Man did not evolve from lower forms of life. God directly created man in His image, which means that we have the capability of rational thought, personality, and moral responsibility. Someone may argue that this is simply a matter of faith. I would say that it is a matter of reasonable faith. The view that something as complex as human life is the product of pure chance is a matter of unreasonable faith, because there is simply no evidence or other example of such complexity arising from random chance."

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another." Helen Keller

"It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had. " Elizabeth Kubler

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home