Saturday, February 18, 2006

Change is never easy


Today after putting it off for months and months we attended a new church. Church on Saturday night now what a cool concept! Sleeping in on Sunday morning :).

Ive wanted to try out a new church for some time now. Its never easy to do that though. Change is never easy. Moving, new job, new anything I think its easy to allow yourself to get paralized in comfortablness and not want to break out of that spot....simply because you know what to expect. But surprisingly, I have been finding more and more that, when you push yourself to do what you feel challenged by, in this case for me trying out a new church, you end up being surprised with the results. Pleasantly! I really was more nervous about this for the kids then for myself. Worried that since they have had enough thrown at them ...change wise that is, the last thing I wanted to do was to add to that. But with everything thats gone on....I felt the need to challenge my trepidation so to speak and try out a new one. Now I have attended other events at this church but never a Sunday (or Saturday night....such a cool concept!) service there. Its kinda a brain storm idea this church has going. Its what some might call a mega church.....and I have never attended a Mega church outside of visitations. We attended Real Life Ministries up in Northern Idaho last weekend....Now thats a MEGA church...but with North Coast.....I like what they have come up with. The church has different venues at a bunch of locations....Iowa even believe it or not. The main or live service is telecasted into a bunch of other spots. The one I attended tonight...at the Edge, was great. I could go to a laid back 'environment', listen to some cutting edge music, HAVE STARBUCKS when you get there....and still see the people from like 3 or 4 other spots on the campus after church. The kids are all in the same spot...they even shuttle kids from other locations in our area over for church but the parents dont have to drive to far to get to church. Church goes to them instead of vice versa. I also really like the feel of a church that is "come as you are"... its comfortable. OMG and the pastor used the word 'bogus' in his sermon no less then 3 times :)

So how did the kids respond you ask? It was an overwhelmingly We Love This Place experience for them. They ran into kids from school and Awana's right away, and well....My son --(they have EVERY video game in the world mom!) Sports posters all over, a basketball court within the room you name it they had it.... So change maybe a really good thing for us!

Oh and Im going to try to post a quote with each post from now on or 2 or 3 if I can't deicide...so for today:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

The first time I saw you, I knew it was true. That I'd love you forever and that's what I'll do. You don't know what you do to me. You don't have a clue. You don't know what it's like to be me looking at you

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use in being a damn fool about it.

Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood. (Oscar Wilde)






2 Comments:

Blogger Lesa said...

Wow! You went to the church where APU's beloved former campus pastor is now on staff--Chris Brown. He is absolutely AMAZING and I can honestly say that he profoundly impacted my life. I am not the same after his dilligent messages and his unique perspectives. I hope you get to hear him speak!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Peach said...

I have and hes a huge reason for me making a change...I just love the fact he can get up on stage, preach and be barefoot and you just love that :)

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home