Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Unfinished/ Unspoken Words

Caution.....high probability of rambling ahead :) Proceed at your own risk

Neek had told me to sit back and do nothing today. A nice idea just simply impossible in my case. I did get to sleep in until 9 am. That was a nice treat. But around that time the kids started to come upstairs and grumble about being hungry.....hmm I have to feed you? was my reply :P

So after getting myself up and moving, I took care of replenishing the food, picked up the mail that had been on hold for 10 days....wow there is a lot of garbage that you get in the mail you know...it becomes more apparent when it is gathered together. Then I got busy tackling the mounds and mounds of laundry....a lot still left to do there.

I did want to make sure I called it quits early. Im tired. Soooo tired. Hard to believe sitting in a car driving can make you feel so completely drained. Im sure it has something to do with all that has taken place in the past few weeks on top of the trip. So I decided to watch a couple of movies. I first watched The Cutting Edge. I had been putting it off, but went ahead and watched it today. Very cute movie....my kind of movie.

After that and when the kids had gone to bed I watched Just like Heaven. Another really cute movie. This one has the feel of Ghost with Demi Moore in it but with Reese Witherspoon in it instead. Different script but same idea. And while yes, I relaxed it did make me think quite a bit about the idea of unfinished business and unspoken words. Im a firm believer that you should always be sure to never leave anything unspoken...especially to those that you care about. I think one of the worst things in life would be later on to have these thoughts in your head that I wish I would have done...... or said...... That would just be the worst way to grow old.

I think Im in this kinda deep reflection still from Mond
ay. That entire event really kinda was a 'life changing' ordeal you know. When faces truly flash in front of you, and you have the time to sit as long as I have the past 2 days and reflect on so much, you really look at what is important and ask yourself if there is still any unfinished business.

I want to know without a doubt that those I care about knew how much and knew how important they are to me. I think in some ways Monday was maybe a 'fresh start'. A new beginning if you will. A gift of tomorrow. Ok Ok a little thick and well emotional Ill give you that. I guess the bottom line is this, I do not want to have regrets in life. Maybe thats too much to ask or hope for, but I want to know that the things I wanted I went after. The things that were important, I fought for. The people I love I did my best for ....does that make sense? People are priceless. We should have signs on our foreheads....precious package proceed with caution. (Im a newly converted believer of caution signs ....CAUTION SLIPPERY WHEN WET or ICY!) and in my case (CAUTION- Emotional messed up female proceed with caution!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home