Friday, February 24, 2006

Springtime!

Spring is in the air! I LOVE this time of year. Winter is gloomy, dont get me wrong I do love the Christmas season and seeing the snow, but I Love Spring time. Spring is like a burst of fresh air... well it really is :)

Yesterday I had the top down on the convertible almost all day. It wasn't like it was just warm enough, you WANT to have the top down. Im sorry but I dont get people who buy a convertible and then dont want to have the top down because they are afraid what their hair will look like. If you dont want messed up hair, don't buy a convertible....it goes with the territory!

Spring is a time to pull yourself out of the gloominess. Everything around you is amazing in color, birth, the air. Its never to warm, never to cold in spring. Babies animals everywhere are being born...and who can resist the face of a duckling . I love to visit the Wild Animal Park this time of year, so many babies to see.

I think its easier for me to be gloomier in winter then any other time of the year. Spring is a time of birth, fresh awakenings, new beginnings.....thats what I see ahead of me. You can't help but smile this time of year.

This weekend I get a break from being a mother (at least in day to day responsibility) and Im going to focus most of my thought on what I want to get done and do this Spring. Where I want to visit, etc. Of course finishing the 2nd season of 24 is on my list, reading a photography book and definately sleeping in and staying up late :)

Things I love most about Spring are:

Easter,
warmth

Easter Egg Hunts
laughter

Butterflys
no need for jackets

Baby animals
beginnings

Colors
hope

flowers

The best part of spring....its the season before Summer :)

Et redit in nihilum quod fuit ante nihil.
(yes thats in latin :) tis the benifit of teaching my children a classical education...I get to learn some Latin along the way defined: It began of nothing and in nothing it ends

"The secret to a rich life is to have more beginnings than endings." Dave Weinbaum

Some people see things the way they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not.

"One advantage of talking to yourself is that you know at least somebody's listening. "
Franklin P. Jones

Love doesn't make the word go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
Franklin P. Jones


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home