Thursday, May 31, 2007

If today was the last day of your life...........


If you were faced with the end of your life what would you do differently? Will people remember me when I am gone? Will I have left a mark? Have you ever had that question posed, the one that leaves you speechless?

In one of the last few sermons at church it was either Larry or Chris who asked this question of us. If we knew we only had a few days left to live, if we knew the end of our life was drawing near, what would we do and what would we change about how we are living? Oh sure, sell everything, buy that fast car, sports boat, take that trip to Europe you have been postponing, all those thoughts usually fly through the mind when we are given a question like this. But when you sit down to think about it a bit more seriously, when you have to stop to think about the real aspects of your life coming to a close, do we really know what we would do or do differently?

I found myself talking the other night about a woman who crossed paths we me for a very short time. Her name was Amy. Amy was diagnosed with a brain tumor still in the youth of life. Amy and her husband had recently just adopted a son after years of trying to have children and not being able to. She was a mother, a woman, a Godly woman who left a mark in my life that I will never forget.

Amy was one of those women who shared Christ with everyone and anyone who crossed her path. In the hospital there wasn't one single sole that wasn't talked with and prayed over during those last few weeks of her life. I remember one instance that was shared with me I have yet to forget. One day she and a friend were walking over to my house to try out one of those infamous mom's group meetings I held for years in my home. Apparently on the walk to my house she and her girlfriend along with her son heard a siren. They stopped and Amy said, "lets pray. Someone, some precious sole somewhere is hurting, lets pray for that unspoken sole." I've never forgot the woman who would pray for someone she didn't even know, at the drop of a hat. I don't even begin to hope to be a woman like Amy was. She left her mark on me, she left her mark on many. But I do know I want to live my life today with no regrets, without looking back and only with the fear to hope for what the future may bring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home