Friday, March 28, 2008

I have it!

Ive been a bit of a basket case this week. You should be the happiest person in the world right now, you are engaged ! Yes I know....but I miss my 'man' and its been 3 weeks since I saw him. In those 3 weeks my head has been spinning. Ive been working like crazy, selling on ebay like crazy, schooling the kids, grading papers and oh yes dealing with just about every contractor there is.

Furnace, funny thing is when you sell a home, I guess you need to have one of those. Arrrgh.... years ago my ex took it out of the closet it was kept in and never had it replaced. Soooo thats a problem when it comes to getting it financed I guess.... Gulp that will only be $2400 or so.

Termites...wood rot....fun stuff. I suppose when you own a home that was build originally in the 40's you kind of have to expect this stuff. I got lucky and found out a girl friend from work's husband is a working contractor. He is doing great work and really not so expensive but the thing is, one problem always seems to lead to another one.

Termite inspection.....uggg....My suggestion, have someone else walk the house before you have one of those done. I had no idea this goes on permanent record. So I call up book an appointment and get the report. My Realtor states...Ive never seen so many codes..,... tears well up

Realtor, get a good one....and yes I have one of those. He has been awesome, but keeps finding issues. The more he is here helping me the more issues he has found. So that did it, I went over the edge.

Sitting there while he was under the house showing a furnace contractor what we were up against I started to cry. After I got my act together I was ready to just walk away. So he came up with another plan, lets market it lower and see if we can get someone to buy it completely as is and take over all the issues. I love it! So start praying....maybe just maybe this will be one of those awesome God experiences. I am praying hard for one of those. In the meantime

My dad brought over a saw for me to use....yes I will have 911 on call Im sure. A scaffolding was assembled outside to prepare the outside for paint....again 911 on call Im sure. Anyone who knows me knows...this could be dangerous. Dennis booked a flight for 2 weeks tonight from now...painting the house that weekend...that gives me a deadline to get the house ready for paint...arrrgh. Good, then Ill be done..yeah right.

Funny thing is if we don't get a bite from investors...it will go on the market into the MLS at a higher price. I have to have the stuff done then. Soooo that means staging a home. I don't get the idea of depersonalizing a home in order to sell it. I mean a home is personal right? You set up a home to be personal...why else have a home???? So that means I have to move stuff out....yes a lot of stuff so says Realtor....grrr...so that means a yard sale and craigs list, I mean why pack it if we wont need it. Ebay around the clock and whatever other means I can come up with to clear stuff out. May 31st wont get here soon enough I tell you....oh but the good news

My mom found me the perfect wedding outfit. A beautiful skirt and blouse...its basically perfect and me 100 percent. I love skirts, the ones that twirl, the ones that are very very girly :) yep that brought a smile to my face today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home