Friday, March 14, 2008

Wedding Dress???????????


How does one go about buying a second wedding dress? The first time I felt like Cinderella. I also had a stick figure of a size 3 but thats an entirely different matter. Since that day years and years ago my life has changed just about as much as my figure.

I ordered a dress online, it came, its been shipped back. I pulled it out of the box and one of the many buttons popped off....not a good sign. I mean there is a time and place for such a thing, but ummm not in front of all 8 children and your entire family! So I sent it back, I didn't feel like worrying about it breaking apart on me on my wild adventure of a wedding ahead. I need a durable dress. One that will withstand a 2 hour train ride before the wedding. I need a dress that will make me feel worthy of wearing it. I don't know what color. My friends assure me if I wanted to wear white I should. Im not at fault for my divorce, in fact the Lord looks at me as if I was pure white without stain, my sins washed away....but something about white with 4 children next to me just doesn't seem right. So I think Ill go with Ivory. Then I found on a site a Denim dress and white lace...now that is something I could go for...but is it me? I don't know.

My mother has been wonderful. She sends me links just about every day on dresses she has found...Im scared to order online again, I don't want to get my hopes up to watch them fall apart in front of me again. So next week mom said we should go looking. I can always order online after I find something. It has to have a 'western' feel to it. I mean some gowns just wouldn't do for a wedding at the Grand Canyon....but what? Ive been even looking at Vintage sites....I kinda like the Victorian feel....I always have, the die hard Jane Austen fan that I am!

I'm too old to be worrying about this kinda thing! I should be thinking about my daughters weddings......long from now, not mine!! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I think you need to see the fairy tale wedding as a gift from God. Enjoy it fully. Dress like a princess. I'd do something exotic, like Scarlet in her red gown, or perhaps a traditional blue suit. Have fun with this!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Girl, if denim is truly you, I say GO FOR IT! Victorian would be wonderful too. Wear what makes you feel like you. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home