Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Gulp!

Well, a couple of days ago I took the first steps and stopped talking about writing something and started to look into what it might take to get something published. It seems to me that I have been talking to people for the past 2 years about wanting to write something, but have I done that? I'm not one to lead my life in 'talk'. I want the words that come out of my mouth to lead somewhere, to be truthful and honest. I do want to write something. But how seriously have I persued this?

I have taken the time, especially during the summer to write more. Honestly in the middle of the night, if I wake up with some thoughts just pounding away, I get up and write them down. But am I doing anything with this? Well I have decided to find out if this is something I can or should be or if the Lord really wants me to persue this idea. I wrote Anne Marie Ezzo the other day and sent her a couple of the things I have written to get her perspective. She knows me from 'my other life' as I call it, the time when I was going one direction and the Lord lifted me off that course and put me on another. So she was gracious to let me know she had gotten my letter yesterday and
wrote that they had been serving in Brazil and just returned and she would get back to me. OK so more nervous :) So then today I looked around for other authors to get their opinions. Im not sure if they will or have the time to respond, but it felt good to actually DO something towards this goal of mine.

I remember years ago sitting and talking with Melinda. Melinda passed away right when my marriage was falling apart. Ive always felt this kindered spirt with her. Maybe it was serving in ministry with her, maybe it was we had our first children together, Im not sure but we had a connection. She asked me years ago what I was going to do with all the stuff I kept writing for those workshops. I told her my secret then, that I had hoped to write a book one day. Today I dont see me writing a book on parenting anymore. 'My goal' would be to write something to comfort those who may walk in my shoes or shoes very similar. Those who lives are changed in a matter of days or months and are placed in a completely different spot. Those who need to know that it will get better, easier and that later on you can see the Lord bless you through this journey, if you only look to see. Our eyes can be closed to seeing the blessings in life God gives us, as I shared with my home fellowship group last week, are our eyes wide open or are they wide shut? I state that its my goal, but Im open to seeing where the Lord leads me in that goal. I think in all honesty with all that I have been through in the past few years, I wont begin to ever try to imagine what my pupose here on Earth is for now. Thats for the Lord to share and open my eyes to see. And so the journey begins :)

Last night I watched Shop Girl. I have mixed emotions about the movie, but it did leave me in tears. There are definately reasons why this is a rated R movie, but there was some insight to the needs of a woman, and I think why I was left in tears is I realized that during the 13 + years I was married I dont think I ever fell asleep in the arms of my husband, and how much I needed and wished that I had had that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home