Sunday, April 23, 2006

Todays Message

Todays message by Chris Brown really got me to thinking. I know without a doubt I struggle in my salvation to try to be the 'Perfect Picture" of what a Christian is. The idea of "Waiting" on him additionally is something I do struggle with. I ran into a friend after church this morning and the two of us agreed as woman it is so hard, we are ones who want to fix the problems not wait on God to fix them. So I came home and wanted to write out some of what really stood out for me. When I write things down, its like they settle in my head...and then it gives me the opportunity to really think through them and put them into place in my heart.

Towards the end of the message Chris wrote out a map of somethings that stood out to him. I liked the things he stated and wanted to put them into my heart.

The cross is redemption... Jesus dieing for me
The empty tomb--regeneration....Jesus living through me

Map
His death for me allows me to become a Christian
His life now in me allows me to be the Christian I have become.

His death changes my final destination
His life changes my destiny.

His death makes heaven my home
His life makes this world His workshop

His death got me out of Hell into Heaven
His life got God out of Heaven into me

His death forgave my sin
His life gives me power over sin

His death 2000 years ago means my death daily now.

Paul said, if we think we are saved because He died on the cross for me. How much more are we going to be saved through salvation if we tap into His life in me. No one taught me this growing up.

I grew up in the church just as Chris did. I was taught the prayer to say but not how to live the life of a Christian. We said the prayer and then tried to be the best we could be....not one single person explained it to me that I needed to Hurry up and Wait. To allow God to work through me. In my adulthood I may have heard this explained in different ways but today...it sunk in.

I invite each of you my dear friends...the days we speak and you hear me 'impatient' in my circumstances or life.......just tell me gently "Hurry up and Wait" Jenice....

When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen... there will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good word Jenice.
I might add in the scriptures it talks about the 'glory to glory', we are being changed. Unfortunately, we forget the darkness we went through
before we are delivered through yet another struggle. Crisis...process, it seems is the human exhistence before the Father on earth. That we might beconformed into the image of His Son. Conformed, yet another descriptive word, to explain the process. How painful but worthy of the price, this journey is....
Thanks for sharing.
Penny

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!
I'm relearning some of the same things through our new study Living
Beyond Yourself. It's on the Fruit of the Spirit and is EXACTLY what I
need in my life. More of the Spirit of the living God IN ME!
In our third study day the lesson hit me over the head with a WOW! This
is what I've been searching for. Beth Moore calls this study the "How
to". It's fabulous :-)
We had two drop out so could invite you in (we're just starting week 2
of 20 - think about it :-)
Thanks for sharing what God has placed in your heart. I did the same
thing a few days ago with my Bible study group. I'll forward it on to
you, too!
Love,
Janet

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thank you for the wisdom the Lord has shown you. He showed that to me
as well in the life of Joseph this week. Joseph was in prison for 13
years.
Talk about waiting. And two years after the cupbearer forgot about
Him.
I'll pray for you and you can pray for me. Thank you again and share
with
me again soon.
ab

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home