Monday, May 01, 2006

Twilight Zone of a Weekend.....and Where did Monday go?

4 days and counting with no Coffee!

Today was very very rewarding in many ways. One for just getting the kids to and from all the events and even having had time for myself at the gym with Terrance the last time and tonight playing Tennis and even playing tennis with the older two for a bit while the girls were in their Hip Hop class at the Y. Ill admit that the Spark drink is probably the only reason I haven't collapsed in bed at the moment....Im pretty sore.
Today's workout was amazing. I found out after Terrance tested my overall ability that I am now in the 90 percent or above level for my age and ability in strengh. I have moved from under a year ago at leg pressing 240 (max) to today 330 lbs. I did 130 crunches today and a year ago could only do 20. I did above 100 percentile in bench pressing, ball lifts, the only weakness and I say that laughing because I was still in the 70th percentil was push ups. I hate push ups! I probably hate them almost as much as I hate to run. So yes that means I will be working on this. I don't like to hate anything it just makes me want to get past the 'fear' of being able to do it. Thats kind of how I look at things I dont enjoy. Its a fear of doing it so I dont enjoy it. So I have to work on it to learn to enjoy it. Honestly though I only needed to do 11 more push ups to hit the 90 percentile, and had I not just done more then I needed to in benching, I may have been able to. But honestly I just didn't WANT to. I think the most satisfying thing about a day like today is the fact that it was so hard and there was so much to do, but having gotten through it and still smiling........ tomorrow Im not sure if I should hit the gym after dropping the kids off and then having tennis yet again tomorrow night. I think Ill just guage it by how I feel when I wake up. Surprisingly in the few minutes I was home I did even school the girls, wash my car, do 4 loads of laundry, and while I was out I got some pictures taken...some I wasn't too disappointed with even :) A good day after a whirlwind of a weekend! :)

I can't even begin to think HOW Ill get 3 classes worth of work done this week, but one day
at a time and I will not let any of that overwhelm me....life is to short and there is to much to experience each day to allow the stress of it to shorten the time we have!

My baby is turning 8 this week...8 ! Where did the time go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home